Wednesday, January 6, 2010

OLIVE OIL!

Olive oil. I'm obsessed with it. I have to have it every day. In fact, when my family and I went to to Italy, I ate it morning, noon, and night until I got sick of it. And then I needed it again a week later.

Yes it's fat. But it's good fat. In fact it's GREAT fat. Your body needs healthy fats like olive oil to help your hair, skin, nails, moods, joints, and digestion. It helps your body better absorb vitamins from vegetables, so don't neglect the oil dressing when eating salads!

Plus it increases satiety, helping you feel fuller and satisfied. Studies show that just 2 tablespoons of olive oil every day helps you lose more body fat. The oil helps boost your body’s production of adiponectin, which is a metabolism booster and also helps curb your appetite. Extra virgin, cold-pressed olive oil is best because it's the least processed/refined.

Plus it's high in antioxidants, so acts like a natural sunblock for your skin. You can also apply topically to your skin to alleviate dryness, itchiness, and wrinkles.

I'm proud to be an olive oil snarfing Italian!

No comments:

Post a Comment