Thursday, January 28, 2010

Black bean recipe!


Hello all!

We're wrapping up our cleanse for this month, and my participants enjoyed all kinds of delicious, healthy, and EASY recipes! I also encouraged them to play with their food, open up the cupboards, and throw things together on the fly! It's a trick I learned from my canny and resourceful mother, and some of my best meals are created this way.

Tonight's dinner:

1 can black beans
1-2 heaping tsp of dried oregano
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 raw garlic clove, minced
1 tsp garlic powder
dash of hot sauce

Threw it all together, didn't even measure anything, so the above are estimates. If you're into dairy, melt some sharp swiss or cheddar cheese on top. I had some dairy-free and soy-free cheese, it's made from rice milk, so I melted that. YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Black Beans are yummy!I tired this gem and it did not disapoint. Trying really hard to find new things to eat that are gluten free. Running out of ideas...

    ReplyDelete