Friday, July 10, 2009

Agua agua!

Water is one of our best friends.  I noticed my basil plant getting a little droopy and wilted, it looked so sad!  All I had to do was dump in a cup of water, and within ten minutes, the guy's posture had totally improved.  Basil was shooting his leaves out in all directions and standing proud against the wind.

While I know my plant isn't human or with a personality, I can say that proper hydration has a similar effect on humans.  How many times have you ran over to the water fountain at the gym to quench your thirst?  Isn't it so gratifying?  Imagine if you could have that happy, satisfied feeling all day long.

In nutrition school I received a fabulous CD by Dr. Fereydoon Batmanhelidj.  After trying to get past his mouthful of a name, I listened to the recording only to be completely astounded.  The guy was held in prison in Iran, and in this stressful environment, he cured thousands of his fellow prisoners' chronic illnesses by having them DRINK MORE WATER.  Unbelievable!!

His book, Your Body's Many Cries for Water, is bold, compelling, and is the answer for most of our bodily ailments.  Check out his website to read the evidence.  

In the meantime, I shall continue to drink my boatloads of water a day.  It helps me feel terrific! The amount of water you need depends on your activity level, the climate of the area you live in, your height and weight.  8 cups a day is average, so figure out what's appropriate for you.  You may notice an increase in trips to the bathroom, but trust me, this is a good thing your body will thank you for.  Think of each trip as relieving yourself from all the toxins and wastes in your body.  Happy drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment